Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 06:59:37 -0600

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to try using Eric Schulte's starter kit, mainly to have my
> configuration file in org-mode, using an org-mode installation from
> source. An issue on github
> (https://github.com/eschulte/emacs24-starter-kit/pull/29) suggests using
> a command line argument to do so, but this is not convenient (especially
> since I'm using emacs on OS X). Is there a way to pick up a source
> install directly from the configuration files (for instance from
> init.el)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

Adding a line to init.el will allow you to specify the Org-mode instill
to use.  Something like the following should work.

    (add-hook 'after-init-hook
     `(lambda ()
        ;; remember this directory
        (setq starter-kit-dir
              ,(file-name-directory (or load-file-name (buffer-file-name))))
        ;; load up the starter kit
        (add-to-list 'load-path "~/path/to/org-mode/lisp/")
        (require 'org)
        (org-babel-load-file (expand-file-name "starter-kit.org"
starter-kit-dir))))

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte