Re: [O] Examples of orgmode+beamer presentations?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Examples of orgmode+beamer presentations?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:25:42 -0500

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Angel de Vicente <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find examples of presentations made with orgmode and
> beamer. Ideally I would like to see sample presentations first (in PDF),
> so that I can get one that looks as close to what I would need, and then
> I would like to get the source code for it. Are there any good templates
> out there? (Something similar to
> http://draketo.de/light/english/politics-and-free-software/recipes-presentations-beamer-latex-using-emacs-org-mode,
> but hopefully with more options).
>
> Is there anything out there?

Not sure you'll find much out there since Org-mode is just using what
you can do with the Beamer LaTeX package. You might have better luck
searching around for Beamer themes and sample PDFs and then accessing
that look/style with Org-mode. This is typically as simple as this at
the top of the document:

#+latex_header: \usetheme[options]{theme-name}

For some Beamer examples:
- Matrix of all the standard themes:
http://www.hartwork.org/beamer-theme-matrix/
- Nice compilation of custom themes: http://latex.simon04.net/

I'm partial to Torino and have been using that at work with the
freewilly color option (blue) for almost everything.

To use it, I just have this at the top of all presentation files:

#+latex_header: \usetheme[alternativetitlepage=true,titleline=true]{Torino}
#+latex_header: \usecolortheme{freewilly}

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for! The recipe page you
posted will show you how to do some various columns and layouts, but
again, this is just doing in Org what you can do manually in Beamer.
The appearance is all going to come from the theme.

John