Re: [O] [babel] Bugs for Emacs Lisp code blocks

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Bugs for Emacs Lisp code blocks
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:47:11 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:
> Emacs Lisp is an exception in terms of colname processing, it has
> default header arguments set to pass column names through to the code
> block, where the processing may be done trivially in Emacs Lisp.

OK, but I don't understand the precedence of header arguments. I thought that
a header argument given on the code block preempted all the other values
(system-wide default for all languages, language defaults, file-wide
arguments, and subtree arguments).

Why isn't this true here as well?

>> * Call at export time
>>
>> #+call: ELisp-echo-1(data=input)
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> | id   | var1 |
>> | id   | var1 |
>> | obs1 | foo  |
>> | obs2 | bar  |
>>
>> Not at all what I was expecting...
>
> Agreed, I've just pushed up a fix, so the following now works.
>
>     #+name: input
>     | id   | var1 |
>     |------+------|
>     | obs1 | foo  |
>     | obs2 | bar  |
>
>     #+name: ELisp-echo-1
>     #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var data=input :exports results
>     data
>     #+end_src
>
>     #+call: ELisp-echo-1(data=input)
>
>     #+RESULTS: ELisp-echo-1(data=input)
>     | id   | var1 |
>     |------+------|
>     | obs1 | foo  |
>     | obs2 | bar  |
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.

Here, I understand that the #+call line uses the default header argument set
on the language. So, that seems right to me as well...

Thanks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--