Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Item task_id not being used in taskjuggler export
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 11:00:10 -0500

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I still have the issue of depending on a task not in the current
>> subtree, but perhaps I'm just not using the exporter correctly:
>
> There was indeed a bug in the dependencies formatting. It should now be
> fixed in master. Could you confirm it?
>
>> *** Task
>>     :PROPERTIES:
>>     :task_id:       M2
>>     :depends:  ??? what goes here to depend on T.T8 ???
>
> It should be :depends: T8
>
> Thank you for the feedback.

That *would* work, but ox-taskjuggler has to correct for the fact that
T8 does not live in M2's bucket (M). Using T8 gives me this:

#+begin_src TJ
  task M2 "Task" {
    depends !T8
    milestone
  }
#+end_src

But that gives a compilation error becaust tj3 is looking for task
M.T8 when it should be T.T8.

#+begin_src terminal

$ tj3 test.tjp

Reading file test.tjp                                        [      Done      ]
test.tjp:11: Error in scenario plan: Task M.M2 has unknown depends M.T8%===   ]

#+end_src

Perhaps this analogy would help. I've just created two directories and
two files. Here's the output of =tree= at the command line:

|-- M
|   |-- M1
|   `-- M2
|-- T
|   |-- T1
|   `-- T2

I want to link M1 to T1. The current behavior is trying to do so with
./T1, which doesn't work since M/T1 doesn't exist. I have to do
../T/T1.

This is how TJ works, which is why it can't resolve T8 by itself,
unless you correct for the proper relative path with respect to the
current parent. Relative directory path periods are akin to TJ's =!=
syntax.

- ./file -> !task_id
- ../file -> !!task_id
- ../dir/file -> !!task_id (dir).task_id (file)

Best regards,
John