Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:36:15 -0500

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> ** John Hendy [2013-03-24 20:34:09 -0500]:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> ** John Hendy [2013-03-24 12:52:34 -0500]:

>>> This works for me
>
>>> git clone http://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
>> I have been accessing orgmode git via http (I have to since I update
>> at work) for some time. But can you do the same with worg (the Orgmode
>> wiki, not orgmode itself)?
>
> Sorry, didn't read your message carefully. There is way to just clone
> worg repository but not, AFAIK, to push to it:
>
> git clone http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git
>
> I have successfully clone worg repo (takes ages to complete it).
> AFAIU, in order to push to worg it must be accessible over https, but
> seems https://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git don't work.

I was also looking for push access. Thinking that other git sites I'd
seen with the look of Orgmode's don't have http protocol abilities.
For example, I once tried to inquire about this exact thing for the
zathura PDF reader project:
- https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=921128#p921128

Their git repo has the same look of Org's, so I'm thinking the
frontend is provided by the same thing:
- http://git.pwmt.org/

No one had any solutions for me.

I just went ahead and used git today and can just deal with pushing
from home, I suppose :)

John