[O] Programmatically insert source-blocks

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] Programmatically insert source-blocks
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:36:08 +0100

Hi List,

it probably a command everybody knows, but I looked for it several times
and just missed it: 'insert a source-block'.

I know about Chap. 15.2. of the manual (Easy Templates), thats not what
I mean. To reformulate my question:

Why doesn't (the most relevant function I have found)

,------------------------------------------
| (org-babel-demarcate-block &optional ARG)
`------------------------------------------

have a few more optional arguments, e.g. like this

,----------------------------------------------------------
| (org-babel-demarcate-block &optional LANG ARG &rest args)
`----------------------------------------------------------

so that it can be called (e.g.) like this

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| (org-babel-demarcate-block &optional "emacs-lisp" nil :results output)

without asking the user for input (inserting a new src-block around
point or region)?

There are so many functions that deal with source-blocks, but the most
basic one - insert a new src-block for language xyz with args u v w - is
not there. At least not for non-interactive use. At least I did not find
it ;)

--
cheers,
Thorsten