Re: [O] Errors on start up when loading ox-md and ox-beamer (seems cause

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Errors on start up when loading ox-md and ox-beamer (seems caused by recent commit)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:16:44 -0500

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> how did you "pull"?  by using git pull or make update?
>>
>> - git pull
>> - make clean && make && make doc
>>
>> I'm kind of glad you asked, as this used to (I think) be the "right"
>> method, but I have a vague notion that there's some built-in-org way
>> now?
>
> ~$ make update
>
> will pull and make for you...
>
> ~$ make help
> ~$ make helpall
>
> are useful too.

Awesome. Thanks for that -- didn't realize it would give org-specific info!

>From the descriptions, I don't understand the difference between:
- make                - build Org ELisp and all documentation
- make autoloads      - create org-loaddefs.el to load Org in-place

Is =make= *also* making autoloads, and =make autoloads= is *only*
making the autoload files? Nevermind. Just did make and saw a whir of
"making autoloads" float across the screen.

At the very least, I learned that I don't have to explicitly do =make
doc= if I'm doing make :)

>> I don't install to anywhere, so I'm only interested in compiling and
>>
>> All ears to documentation about a proper way, if there is one that's
>> now recommended.
>
> I'd recommend ~$ make update
>
> Oh, btw, I fixed the problem in master, was my fault, not the
> installation fault... thanks for reporting this!

Pull and re-make confirms the fix.

Thanks!
John