Re: [O] [RFC] Org syntax (draft)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org syntax (draft)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:39:40 +0100

Hello,

"Nicolas Richard" <address@hidden> writes:

> As you know, "Comment" is also a french word meaning "how", and that
> could very well appear uppercased as the first word of a title. (I'd
> personally recommend against uppercasing titles, but I'd understand if
> someone wanted to customize the word for such reasons)

"Comment" is not "COMMENT", as you say. Also, it is a minor annoyance.

On the other hand, crippling portability of Org format because it
depends on an external variable is a major problem.

Therefore, I stand on my ground: I suggest to turn `org-comment-string'
and al. into defconst.

>> Would you (or Someone) mind updating the org-syntax.org file on Worg?
>
> Please review the attached patch and apply parts as you wish (even if I
> wanted to do it myself, I don't have worg access.)

I applied the patch. Thank you.

> Last word about #+TBLFM: I'm not sure if that should go into the "affiliated
> keywords" section (thus rewriting parts of it, because that one goes
> below the table, unlike other affiliated keywords) or a special section
> on its own. Thus I'm not changing anything wrt that.

TBLFM is not an affiliated keyword. It's a keyword specific to Org
tables. It can exist anywhere, but it only makes sense right after
a table.

Nicolas Goaziou