[O] Meaning of install

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] Meaning of install
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:04:10 -1000

Aloha all,

Section 1.2 of the Org manual in git is called `Installation', and it
includes instructions on three ways `to install Org on top' of the Org
that ships with Emacs.

Near the bottom of that page, after giving instructions on how to
install Org from the git repository, it says that "You can also ...
install Org with `make install'."

This is confusing to a User like me.  After having been given
instructions on how to install Org:

     $ cd ~/src/
     $ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
     $ make autoloads

I now find that I can also install with `make install.'

It seems clear to me that `install' is being used in two different senses
here.  I'd like to disambiguate--can someone suggest a concise way to do
this?

Thanks,
Tom

--