Re: [O] [New Exporter] Parameterized wrapper elements

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [New Exporter] Parameterized wrapper elements
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:45:52 +0530

Rick

I have my reservations in applying this patch - I am not concerned about
the patch, I have not looked at it.

Any improvements to existing backends should invariably answer the
question - "Can this change improve export tools or the parse tree
syntax."

If such a question is never asked and a answer sought, I would blame the
committer - whoever it be - in placing convenience and expediency above
the correct way to do things.

I have not looked at Rick's patch so my comment shouldn't be construed
as disapproval of the patch.  I want the patch to improve exporter tools
and it has potential to improve the existing tools (maybe) in small ways
- an improvement is an improvement.

Jambunathan K.