Re: [O] org-exp-bibtex missing in git?

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] org-exp-bibtex missing in git?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:04:28 -0500

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> I now see where you and Eric go and this is good!
>
> Here is a revised suggestion, allowing to add link types from withing
> the #+LINK keyword.

I suspect you may be targeting the wrong layer.  Don't we want to use
org-link-protocols, not org-link-abbrev-alist?  Protocols are already
handled by the exporter, so there should be no need for a change like
this one:
[...]
> Nicolas, do you think it is feasible/good to delay link expansion
> till the backend knows whether the abbreviated link is associated
> to follow/export function that would understand formatting strings
> in the abbreviated form?

My proposal works without any changes to the exporter's structure
(except adding the #+BIBLIOGRAPHY keyword, which is a one-line
emendation).  It does not allow the equivalent of your "#+LINK:
bib:%s;%s;%s" for specifying the pre/post delimiters, but maybe it
would be better from a standardization-of-syntax point of view to have
just one way of encoding them?

Aaron