Re: [O] [new exporter] [html] Tables of Contents

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] [html] Tables of Contents
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:27:23 +0530

> My request was merely for valid XML ID's for tables of contents from
> the HTML exporter

I understand the request but I will not comment upon whether or not it
will be supported in the exporter because that would be Nicolas call.
He has to work out the details not only for HTML exporter but also for
other backends.  It will take time and you need to argue your case
convincingly. There are going to be questions stupid and intelligent
which you need to be willing to answer.

> given that most of the XML tricks in my bag depend on valid XML input.

Given the current limitation of HTML exporter and since you say that you
are comfortable with XSLT, I was merely asking whether or not you see
any problem with this.

   Final Document = Transform(Subtree-Export) + Transform(Subtree-export)

Each transformer can rewrite TOC IDs and you will valid HTML export.
You may or may not wish to answer my questions.

ps: I still think that duplicate TOCs was an error on your part, meaning
it was un-intentional.  Can you convince me that it was really
intentional.  HTML export is not intended for books and I still cannot
understand why two TOCs are needed.

Jambunathan K.