Re: [O] [new exporter] is #+bind supported?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] is #+bind supported?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:51:38 +0000

[...]

> Bind keywords are supported. Unfortunately, `org-latex-pdf-process' is
> not bind-able.
>
> BIND variables are set as buffer-local variables in the buffer where the
> transcoding takes place. So, they affect the way the current buffer is
> changed into LaTeX code.
>
> However, `org-latex-pdf-process' is used during post-processing, i.e.
> after transcoding is over. At this time, the buffer where local
> variables were set has disappeared already.

Okay, I see how this works.  Thanks for the explanation.  Would it not
be possible to set the bound variables for the latex buffer as well?  Or
does that open up a can of worms?  Just curious.

> If you need to change the value of `org-latex-pdf-process', use a file
> local variable in the current buffer instead.

Yes, that works.  I prefer bind as it doesn't clutter up my emacs
customisation with listings of "safe" local variables but so be it.

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3f-1199-g3a0e55