Re: [O] [Bug] Export Coding System

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] Export Coding System
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:31:12 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> Not for LaTeX export AFAICS, ox-latex doesn't seem to use
>> org-export-coding-system.  But that'd arguably be a bug in ox-latex,
>> then (more specifically org-latex-guess-inputenc),
>
> I don't understand your answer.
>
> My default coding system is utf-8 and inputenc option is AUTO. When
> I eval:
>
>   (setq org-export-coding-system 'iso-latin-1)

The LaTeX exporter used to have a custom variable
org-export-latex-coding-system for this.  This variable is not evaluated
anymore but still visible in customize due to the fact that the new
exporter didn't override the definition from the old exporter.  So it's
no wonder that nothing changes when I customize away on this variable.

The only new exporter that defines its own coding system is currently
the HTML exporter.

> and export some test buffer to LaTeX, with the suggested patch, I get:
>
>   \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
>
> So it looks like `org-export-coding-system' variable is taken into
> consideration, doesn't it?

Yes, but I was looking at the example in the HTML exporter that would
prefer its own coding system over the general export coding system and
expected to see something similar.

> What fix are you talking about?

Introducing and using a defcustom specifically for LaTeX export (if
anything at all).

> For now, I apply the previous patch.

Please apply the second one, too.

Now I'll have to go and see what twisted ways it takes for the old
exporter defcustoms to show up in customize, they shouldn't have been
there at all.

Regards,
Achim.