Re: [O] New feature: export an agenda to an Org file

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] New feature: export an agenda to an Org file
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:08:59 +0100

Hi Robert,

Robert Eckl <address@hidden> writes:

>> I've committed a feature that allows you to export your agenda buffer
>> to an Org file.  It will create a new file containing the headlines of
>> the agenda.  The headlines do not contain any children they may have.
>>
>> Please try the feature extensively before Org 8.0.
>>
>> In an agenda buffer C-x C-w test.org RET
>
> I'm not sure, is it intended?

Yes it is -- exporting an agenda to an .org file will collect the
original headlines (with their body but without their subtrees) and
put them in a new .org file.

I've updated the documentation to mention this.

The idea behind this feature is to be able to create *temporary*
.org files for focused work, e.g., for a clean export of the agenda
or for converting headlines into a plain list to print.  With this
"focus" idea in mind, adding inherited tags seemed too much, as tags
are really useful for... creating agendas.

Let me know if you strongly feel inherited tags should be allowed
here and why.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien