Re: [O] tags pdfs vs. html

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] tags pdfs vs. html
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:06:18 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> m k <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am new to org-mode. When I place a tag :New: at the end of a
>> line...when I export to html, the text new is visible highlighted in
>> blue. However, when I export to pdf, the text :New: is there. How can
>> I make the pdf display the same formatting as the html?
>
> The display of the tags is different because HTML and LaTeX are
> different.  There use to be `org-export-latex-tag-markup' which
> told what markup to use for the LaTeX tag, we could revive it.
>
> Nicolas, what do you think?

There are already two ways to configure tags in latex back-end:
`org-latex-format-headline-function' (which is easy to use) and headline
filters.

If you think the request is common enough to justify a dedicated
variable, go ahead (or I can do it, if you don't want to). Though, as
far as I'm concerned, I'm not convinced it is useful here.

Nicolas Goaziou