Re: [O] Naive email "referencing" using copy&paste

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Naive email "referencing" using copy&paste
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:59:13 +0100

On 18/02/13 23:02, Karl Voit wrote:
> * Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>
> Hi!
>
>> I actually would prefer the source block approach, as the email would be
>> physically in the
>> org document and foldable.
>>
>> Any suggestions how I could achieve this?
>
> In my case, MUA (mutt) and Org are on different hosts. I am accessing MUA
> through ssh/screen
> and copy relevant parts into blocks like this:
>
> #+BEGIN_VERSE Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:58:22 +0000 From: Kickstarter
> <address@hidden> To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx From: Project Boss <address@hidden>
> Subject:
> Project Update xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <address@hidden>
>
> Project deadline is re-schedults to May 2014 since external ressources are
> not available before
> autumn. #+END_VERSE
>
> Sometimes, I am using BEGIN_QUOTE instead of BEGIN_VERSE though.
>
> With copy&paste, it's not as quick as capture but this way I get the
> advantage to strip down
> the message to its relevant parts. With the Message-ID, I am able to locate
> the original email
> in my MUA very quickly.

Yes - I did something similar, but didn't think about the verse and quote
blocks - thanks.

But I was looking for something more dynamic, i.e. when further comments come
in the conversation,
I would like to have them accessible as well.

So a notmuch search based system (through links or through source blocks) is
the ideal situation
in my case.

Thanks,

Rainer