Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadlin

From: Martin Beck
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject) How to sort agenda by timestamps (scheduled/deadline)?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:25:19 +0000 (UTC)

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:

> "Martin Beck" <elwood151 <at> web.de> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to create a custom agenda setup for my org-mode and I wonder how
I can sort the agenda-items by
> date (Scheduled
> > or deadline): newest first.
> >
> > I only found time-up / time-down in the parameters, but that does not seem
to do what I need.

> Hi Martin,
>
> I sort my daily agenda items specifically using a bunch of complicated
> sorting functions.  They are all documented here:
>
> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#AgendaViewTweaks
>
> HTH,
> Bernt

Hi Bernt,

thanks a lot - I'm already working with your setup and currently struggling to
adapt it to my needs, but my elisp/emacs/org-mode knowledge is still too
limited.

Is it true that "time-up" only sorts items which really have a time
(hours/minutes) defined, so it does not also sort everything with
date-timestamps by date?

I tried to modify your Block Agenda by inserting the following block:

(tags-todo "PRIORITY=\"A\"" (
                (org-agenda-overriding-header "Critical")
                (org-agenda-entry-types '(:deadline))
                (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (time-up category-keep)))
                (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'future)
                (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'future)
                ))

But unfortunately, it does only display category, TODO-keyword and subject, but
NO information about Deadline or Scheduled date.

Ho could I insert this additional "column" in the agenda view?

Kind regards

Martin