[O] Bug: no hypertext in a latex exported footnote

From: Heikki Lehvaslaiho
Subject: [O] Bug: no hypertext in a latex exported footnote
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:38:16 +0300

If you add a footnote that starts with an URL, latex export fails to recognize it as a hypertext. My quick fix has been to add a nonbreaking space before the URL. I'd love to see this fixed in the repo.

#---------------------------Example text--------------------------
#+TITLE:  Hypertext export in a footnote

* Main text

Two search engines google[fn:google] and bing[fn:bing].

* Footnotes

[fn:google] \nbsp http://www.google.com is hypertex

[fn:bing] http://www.bing.com is not a hypertext

I prefer the look of the footnote (in PDF) with a space separating the number and the text, but is the tight coupling such a well established convention that this has to be fixed in some other way than adding a tilde into the latex?

     -Heikki

Heikki Lehvaslaiho - skype:heikki_lehvaslaiho http://about.me/heikki
cell: +966 545 595 849  office: +966 2 808 2429

KAUST Supercomputing Center, Building #1, Level 0, R0124
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia