Re: [O] Minor footnote suggestion

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Minor footnote suggestion
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 06:25:12 +1100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

> Hello,
>
> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When positioned in footnote text, the function jumps back *to the
>> beginning* of the footnote reference. It would be more convenient to
>> jump to the end of the reference since that is where the author is
>> likely to pick up typing the text.
>
> It was done this way because, if point at the end of the reference, you
> cannot use C-c C-c another time to jump back to the definition.
>
> Also, if the buffer ends with the footnote reference, there is no such
> place. So, sometimes, you will move after the reference, and other
> times, it will be on its last character.
>
> I'm not sure which behaviour is the less annoying.
>

> Regards,

OK, I can see that. For my own use, the suggested behaviour would be
better and the two situations you mention would only be a very
occasional annoyance. The current behaviour has annoyed me 250 times so
far in the one document :-).

But I see your point -- it would be a compromise either way.

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers,
Alan

--