Re: [O] org-caldav feedback

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav feedback
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:32:50 +0100

Torsten Wagner writes:
> You might can try
>
>    http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca/SOGo/dav/sogo1/Calendar/personal/
>
> which is the demo account of the Sogo.

Thanks. That'll work.

After a bit of fiddling it seems that SOGo really really wants a
timezone definition. I have no idea how those can be generated
on-the-fly. I have a hunch you have to hard-code them.

Anyway, you can put the definition you need into
org-caldav-calendar-preamble. But first you need the correct one.

For getting it, just create an event in your calendar. Then run
org-caldav-sync and it should be put into your org-caldav-inbox. Then,
evaluate

(pop-to-buffer (org-caldav-get-event "ID"))

where you have replaced "ID" with the ID of the event. You should see a
buffer with the iCalendar entry in it. Then copy&paste everything from
BEGIN:VCALENDAR to END:VTIMEZONE into org-caldav-calendar-preamble. For
example, for Europe/Berlin it now seems to work with

(setq org-caldav-calendar-preamble
  "BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Inverse inc./SOGo 2.0.3a//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Berlin
X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/Berlin
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
TZNAME:CEST
DTSTART:19700329T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
TZNAME:CET
DTSTART:19701025T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
")

If it works for you with such a timezone definition, it'd be interesting
to know if SOGo needs all of that or if you could drop most of this
stuff.

-David