Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:27:19 +0100

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am a confirmed gnus user.  No other email system comes close to
>> doing what gnus can do.  Given the large volume of email I get,
>> splitting and scoring are essential to survival!  Integration with
>> bbdb is also obviously key for me.
>
> Slightly offtopic, but I'm a Mutt user that's eyeballed Gnus from a
> distance for years. Could you elaborate on some of your favorite Gnus
> features?

He named it, splitting and scoring. The ability to easily mark a whole
thread as important or unimportant combined with expunged is (imo) essential
to manage large volume of email.

The expunge facility let me hide threads; when a message is expunged it
is not only marked as read, it just doesn't appear at all unless I
specifically ask otherwise.

OTOH when the score of a thread is increased, all messages in this
thread (old and new) will appear in bold.

--
Daimrod/Greg