[O] mobileorg and encryption

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] mobileorg and encryption
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:07:26 -0600

I have the following in emacs config:

(setq org-mobile-use-encryption t)
(setq org-mobile-encryption-password "password")

I installed android privacy guard on the phone, and can verify that
staged files are encrypted... but I don't see how to decrypt in the
app. The documentation states
(https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki):
-----
Decrypting encrypted org files via integration with Android Privacy
Guard. Encrypted files must end in one of three file extensions: gpg,
enc, or pgp.
-----

But doesn't this imply that org-mode needs to change the file
extensions from .org to .gpg when staging the files? Mine still end in
.org, but are indeed encrypted. Or do I need to change my actual org
files in my main computer repository to be .gpg's as well and this
will result in staged files having .gpg extensions?

Thanks,
John