Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:16:42 -0500

Robert Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm experimenting with starterkit on a new machine and have run into a
> bug in org-mode elpa version 20121231.
>
> With the stock distribution org-mode (7.8.11) in emacs 24.2 there is no
> problem.  With the elpa version 20121231 I get an error, see the
> attached output from emacs --debug-init.

And I can partially answer myself.  The issue is with starterkit, not
org-mode.

It looks like starter-kit uses org-ob.el prior to package-initialize.
This works properly if the initial distribution .elc files match the end
result after elpa package processing.  If not, there is a mess
equivalent to a version mismatch, although it does not get detected by
org-version.

That doesn't solve my problem, but it explains the attempts to use
undefined functions.  I guess I have to actually understand the
starterkit initialization and try to fix it.

R Horn
address@hidden