Re: [O] temporary directory for export

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] temporary directory for export
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:39:32 +0100

Bastien writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have found how to set a temporary directory for org-babel export files
>> (using org-babel-temporary-directory), but I cannot find how to specify
>> that, by default (i.e., unless specified with a "file" option), files
>> should be exported to a temporary directory.
>>
>> My motivation for this is that I keep a single folder with many org-mode
>> files, some of them for presentations, papers, or letters. I regularly
>> have to go in there and get rid of all the .tex, .log, .pdf, .aux, etc.,
>> that accumulate.
>
> Yep, I see how this would be useful.  I'll add this on my TODO list.

An alternative would be to publish to such a temporary directory, then
have a post-publish command to run to finish building the document. This
is what I would have favoured before the asynchronous exporter (as
building may take a while so would be better done with an external
command), but now I would be very happy with using a temporary directory
for export (defaulting to the directory where the org file lives).

Alan