Re: [O] Logging properties, values in notes on TODO state change for col

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Logging properties, values in notes on TODO state change for column view usage?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 09:56:49 +0100

Hi Thomas,

"'Mash (Thomas Herbert)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have been looking at trying to track training performance with
> org-mode.
>
> I currently just set a reoccurring schedule with note logging on
> state change, but wondered if there was a way to log values within
> this :LOGBOOK: logs?

Nope, you need to store stuff like ":abc: 5" in the PROPERTIES drawer,
not in the LOGBOOK drawer.

> It is not a lot of effort to simply type in ":abc: 5", etc in the note
> window. The idea being it would be nice to use column view to collect
> these various logged values.

Perhaps you can use `org-after-todo-state-change-hook' to store new
values for abc and xyz as new properties (see `org-set-property') or
new variables (with a :VAR: property).  But you'd lose the history
of their values.  This is the only thing I can think of right now.

HTH,

--
 Bastien