[O] Archiving logged work time

From: Torben Hoffmann
Subject: [O] Archiving logged work time
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:57:38 +0100

Hi,

I have been using org-mode for 6 months to track my working time, but now I am stepping my usage up a bit since I have found it useful to have all my to-dos in one tool.

Until now I have had a template file with the things I work on, so that I can easily create a new file every week. This is drive by a need to report time every week to a fixed set of activities.

So far I have just moved the old file and then created a new file with all my tasks in.

However, now that I am using more of org-mode I am not so sure that this monolithic time tracking file is a good idea, but I am not sure about how I can archive just the logged time entries, but keep the activity for logging time on next week.
When I stand on a line with a CLOCK entry the archive function will archive the whole sub-tree that I am standing in.

It might be that I should just create a number of files for the major things I am working on and then archive the task as well as the time logged against it every week. This means that I would have to retype the task for the next week, but if that is the best way of doing it I will start doing that.

Advice most welcome - I am in learning mode and want to improve my usage of org-mode.

Cheers,
__
 /orben

--