Re: [O] texinfo back-end won't export to INFO

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] texinfo back-end won't export to INFO
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:24:06 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> A filter function requires three arguments.
>
> ... so that's where complexity comes from.  I'm afraid you'll just
> scare away many users with these three arguments.
>
> What do you think?

Using a hook or a filter requires to write a function in most cases.
I don't think that a person able to write such a function would cringe
in front of a function of three arguments (you don't even have to use
them all).

Filters are applied on something (often a string). That something is the
first argument. Also, filters are probably very dependant on the
back-end used. That is the second argument. Eventually, it may be useful
to know which options were active at the time of export. This is the
third argument.

I can remove the last argument, bringing down the sum of arguments to 2.
Should I?

Nicolas Goaziou