Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:45:23 -0500

Manish <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Viktor Rosenfeld writes:

>>> Yes, unfortunately. I think I remember that it used to refresh the
>>> agenda automatically. This is above my pay grade, I'm afraid.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Viktor

>> I have also noticed this in Windows at work and actually toyed with the
>> idea of dropping the commands from the agenda that don't refresh
>> properly anymore ... but quickly found I can't live without that
>> functionality.  So I too am doing 'g' to refresh as required ATM.
>>
>> If I figure out a fix I'll post that.
>
> Meanwhile after wasting a couple of hours trying to make it work with
> AutoHotKey, I just recorded an Emacs macro, named and dumped it and tied
> it to a keychord. Following seems to be working well for me:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> ;; work around for V not refreshing on Windows
> ;; use when in agenda after F12-SPC
> (global-set-key (kbd "C-<f7>")
>                 (fset 'my-next-project
>                       (lambda (&optional arg) "Keyboard macro."
>                         (interactive "p")
>                         (kmacro-exec-ring-item (quote ("Vg\274" 0 "%d"))
> arg))))
> #+end_src

This workaround also seems to fix V on windows:

(defun bh/view-next-project ()
  (interactive)
  (unless (marker-position org-agenda-restrict-begin)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (setq bh/current-view-project (point)))
  (bh/widen)
  (goto-char bh/current-view-project)
  (forward-visible-line 1)
  (while (and (< (point) (point-max))
              (or (not (org-get-at-bol 'org-hd-marker))
                  (org-with-point-at (org-get-at-bol 'org-hd-marker)
                    (or (not (bh/is-project-p))
                        (bh/is-project-subtree-p)))))
    (forward-visible-line 1))
  (setq bh/current-view-project (point))
  (if (org-get-at-bol 'org-hd-marker)
      (progn
        (bh/narrow-to-project)
        (org-agenda-redo)
        (beginning-of-buffer))
    (error "All projects viewed.")))

I would prefer something that is consistent on linux and windows
though...

Regards,
Bernt