Re: [O] Babel source blocks

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Babel source blocks
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:44:29 -0500

Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 05:06:34PM -0500, Nick Dokos wrote:
> > Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > It appears that there is a discrepancy between Org's source blocks and
> > > Babel processing.
> > >
> > > Org's source blocks all show up-case (#+BEGIN_SRC):
> > >
> > > http://orgmode.org/manual/Structure-of-code-blocks.html#Structure-of-code-blocks
> > >
> > > Babel only appears to process lower-case blocks (#+begin_src):
> > >
> > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/intro.html
> > >
> > > I can confirm in 7.8.10 that Babel is not executing blocks unless they
> > > are lowercase, while Org's source block handling works normally with
> > > either case.
> > >

> > I can't reproduce this with latest or with release_7.8.10: babel seems
> > to execute source code blocks no matter what combination of upper/lower
> > case letters go into forming the #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC markers.  I press
> > C-C C-c on a source code block and it is evaluated. Is that how you test
> > or are you perhaps using a different criterion?
> >
> > Nick
>
> M-x org-babel-execute-buffer

I still cannot reproduce it.

org-babel-execute-buffer calls org-babel-execute-src-block on every
source block, which calls org-babel-get-src-block-info to get the info.

org-babel-get-src-block-info let-binds case-fold-search to t before
calling org-babel-where-is-src-block-head and therefore the latter
should do a case-independent search for the #+begin_src part. That's
indeed how things work in my case (both latest and 7.8.10).

You might want to step through this chain with the debugger and make sure
that things happen properly. But I don't see anything wrong in the current
code (or the 7.8.10 code: afaict, it behaves identically in this respect).

Nick