Re: [O] [ANN] e-icalendar back-end

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 00:04:07 +0100

On 11/11/2012 10:12 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Simon Thum<address@hidden>  writes:

just tested and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for testing it.

A glitch: Unlike the other functions, I could not get
org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda to auto-complete in M-x

That's correct. `org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda' isn't meant to
be a command. It will be called internally by `org-agenda-write' ("C-x
C-w" from an agenda buffer). Though, for now, it isn't since
org-icalendar.el is still current icalendar back-end.

and it also did not produce meaningful results (empty icalendar).

Make sure to call it from an agenda buffer. Also, you may want to check
`org-e-icalendar-include-todo' variable if your agenda view only
contains TODO entries.

What I'm missing is the ability to influence the amount of information
"diclosed" for a public calendar. But 'll hack on this myself and come
back eventually.

You can tweak `org-e-icalendar-include-body' (i.e. set it to nil).
I saw there are some knobs but I'm looking for more felixble soultions, e.g. sth like org-icalendar-verify-function. Also "body" suggests the headline is kept, which is too much for simply indicating availability.

But for now I'm content to get my phone to grasp the ical...

Thanks,

Simon