Re: [O] [new exporter] latex: why does {{}} become \{\{\}\} ?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] latex: why does {{}} become \{\{\}\} ?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:05:35 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban"
>> Within a LaTeX block (#+begin_latex) or within a Babel block for LaTeX
>> language (#+begin_src latex)?  Do you make a difference?
>
> There's a big difference.
>
> #+begin_latex means "paste this code unmodified in the latex back-end,
> and only in the latex back-end". Nothing is evaluated.
>
> With a #+begin_src latex block, depending on :exports parameter, you can
> produce something (in this case, probably an image file) and create
> a link valid in any back-end, as long as it supports the file format.
>
> Both are possible.

I realize having taken the bad habit of only using #+begin_src latex blocks
even for code that only matters for the LaTeX back-end (such as TikZ
decorations). By carefully using the Babel options, it comes down to the same
effect/behavior, but, OK, that's NOT the Right Way To Do!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban