[O] org-store-link and org-link-to-org-use-id issue

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] org-store-link and org-link-to-org-use-id issue
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:34:54 -0500

Hi,

I have the following in .emacs:

(setq org-link-to-org-use-id "create-if-interactive")

When I navigate to a headline and do =C-c l=, a unique ID is not
created for that headline. Am I misunderstanding the
'create-if-interactive' setting for this variable? It reads as though
if I call =org-store-link= manually, a unique ID will be created. I've
tried both =C-c l= and =M-x org-store-link=. Neither produces the ID.

As a side note, is there completion for links? This would be even
better for me than using =C-c l=. I'd like to just do =C-c l file: RET
~/org/filename.org/ TAB for headline names... etc.=

Something similar to interactive refiling would be fantastic for
links. Does this exist?

Thanks,
John