Re: [O] New exporter

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:07:47 +0900

Hello Sebastien,

Unless you found a bug in org-export-dispatch, I think its `C-c E l p' (since
you have C-c E for org-export-dispatch). Watch the highlighted characters as
you press `l'. The difference is you need to press two keys instead of one as
in old one in the dispatcher window.

Actually I found that the new dispatch command is designed more sophisticated
way even though there is an extra key press.

 Of course there is also obvious another way `M-x org-e-latex-export-to-pdf'.

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hello Nicolas,
>
> I want to (really) start using the new exporter as of now. I think it's high
> time for me to benefit from it...
>
> Here some first comments and questions.
>
> I've been hit by trying to export with `C-c E p' [1] to PDF, but had troubles
> doing so. In fact, I had to do `C-c l p' -- though the new dispatcher is much
> more clear and _easy_ to use, I thought there was a problem.
>
> Why? Because there was no beep to say that `p' entered at that moment was a
> wrong choice, nor other form of message. I think that'd help, if there was
> such a sound produced, for example. Right now, the bad keys are simply ignored
> without further notice.
>
> Second thing that puzzled me: the focus (active modeline) is on the window
> with the Org source, not on the window with the dispatcher. It was the same
> with the old exporter, but I wonder whether it must be like that, or whether
> that could be changed, to emphasize that the key events are well going to the
> dispatcher window?
>
> At first, I thought that my first problem (`p' not doing anything was due to
> that -- dispatcher window not active). I wanted to switch over to it (via
> `F6' [2]) and ended with garbage in the echo area... C-c E p f6 p p f6...
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
>
> [1] I have `C-c E' mapped to `org-export-dispatch'.
>
> [2] I have `f6' mapped to `other-window'.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR