Re: [O] orgtbl-insert-radio-table forbid blanks in the table name

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] orgtbl-insert-radio-table forbid blanks in the table name
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:35:55 +0200

Hello,

Pascal Wittmann <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed that its possible to enter a name containing blanks when
> calling orgtbl-insert-radio-table. I don't think that this is intended,
> because blanks are used as separators in the "#+ORGTBL" line.
>
> Entering a the name "first table" will result in the following error
> message:
>
>       "No such transformation function table"
>
> For me (as a novice) it was at first not obvious what I did wrong. My
> suggestion is to chose an other input method that forbids blanks.

Documentation uses table_name in order to describe the name of the
table, implying there shouldn't be any space in that name. Maybe it
could be made more explicit, with, i.e. a footnote somewhere.

> I fixed this locally with the attached patch, but I'm sure there are
> better solutions (I find it unintuitive that blanks terminate the
> input).

Another possibility is to return an error if the string read contains
any whitespace character.

Nicolas Goaziou