Re: [O] Bug:install: cannot stat ‘org-install .elc’

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug:install: cannot stat ‘org-install .elc’
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:51:56 +0200

Ian Barton writes:
> Just done a git pull followed by make clean, make all and make
> install. I get the following error:
>
> install: cannot stat ‘org-install.elc’: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ian/Dropbox/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp'
> make: *** [install-lisp] Error 2
>
> Looking in the lisp directory I have an org-install.el but no .elc
> file, so it looks as thought he makefile isn't compiling it.

Remove org-install.el that has been left over from a previous build.

To everyone else: the build system has been broken by the recent changes
in multiple ways.  Depending on what your local.mk contains it may or
may not affect you, but I'd advise you to stay clear of all targets
dealing with installation (and cleaning of installation).

Regards,
Achim.