Re: [O] New exporter: no custom timestamps

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter: no custom timestamps
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:28:27 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I suggest to fix this in org-e-html.el with the attached patch.
>
> There is another option: to set :raw-value for time-stamps, but
> this feels a bit clumsy, especially when there is a :range-end.
>
>   (org-element-property :raw-value TIMESTAMP)

I tend to think that :raw-value would be a good option. Timestamps
properties could be enriched. Besides common properties
(:begin, :end, :post-blank) timestamps objects may accept :

  - :type
  - :year-start
  - :year-end
  - :month-start
  - :month-end
  - :day-start
  - :day-end
  - :hour-start
  - :hour-end
  - :minute-start
  - :minute-end
  - :repeater-type (a symbol among: `cumulative', 'catch-up', 'restart'
    corresponding to, respectively "+", "++" ".+" repeater marks)
  - :repeater-value
  - :raw-value

:*-end properties would be the same as :*-start properties when
timestamp isn't a range. Both would be nil (along with :repeater-*) when
type is `diary'.

By default back-ends would use :raw-value and `org-translate-time'.

:range-end property would be removed.

What do you think?

Nicolas Goaziou