Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:25:36 -0400

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Jonathan Leech-Pepin
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The issue I can see with completely hiding :PROPERTIES: line is
> that you would then run the risk of adding text at the wrong
> location (between the headline and the drawer for example).  At
> the moment when the drawer is folded you know if the point is
> before, within or after the drawer (even though you still can
> remove parts of :end: by accident with backspaces), if it isn't
> visible at all you don't have that ability.

Maybe, Org should allow text between the headline and the drawer?
Is there a reason not to?

Alternately, if a UNIVERSAL_PROPERTIES drawer was always on the line immediately
following the headline, there would be no way to place text between it
and the headilne.

Also, maybe a hidden drawer could be protected by setting character
properties on it
to make it unmodifiable?