Re: [O] [Assistance Needed] View only prioritized items that have a dead

From: François Allisson
Subject: Re: [O] [Assistance Needed] View only prioritized items that have a deadline or or scheduled
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:23:33 +0200

Le mardi 31 jui 2012 à 20:48:02 (-0400), Andre Powell a écrit :
> I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following. I am trying
> create a custom agenda view that shows me items that have a priority and
> either
> a scheduled date or deadline. This is what I have tried but it does not seem
> work.
>
> ("x" "Daily Scheduled Task" tags-todo "+PRIORITY={A\\|B\\|C}"
> ((org-agenda-skip-function (quote (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote
> notscheduled) (quote notdeadline))))))
>

> The ideal situation would be to have task show up  that are scheduled to begin
> either today or before today.
>

> Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
> --
> Andre

Hi Andre,

I can't help you with your tags-todo view. But your ideal situation
remembers me more an agenda than a tags-todo view. What about:

;; Custom agenda-views
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
  '(

    ;; other custom agenda views

    ("x" "Daily Scheduled Task"
      ((agenda ""
        ((org-agenda-span 1)
         (org-agenda-entry-types '(:deadline :scheduled))
            ;; only deadline and scheduled
         (org-deadline-warning-days 0)
            ;; you didn't specified how you wanted your deadline to
            ;; appear. If only today and overdued items, set 0 as
            ;; above; if you want to see them 30 days ahead, set 30; etc.
            ;; By default, scheduled items appear only for today and
            ;; past days (if todo item not done)
         (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote ((agenda time-up priority-down
category-up tag-up))))
            ;; Set your sorting strategy
         ; other options like (org-agenda-time-grid nil), etc.
     ))))

))

This should do /almost/ what you want: It shows only deadline and
scheduled items, and you can sort by priority.

But there is one thing that I do not understand in your request (I do
not use priorities). Do you have items *with* deadline/schedule date
*and* no priority, that you don't want to see in your custom agenda
view? Can you explain me the idea behind?

Because in that case, this would not do the trick. By default, *all*
items have a priority of B (see org-default-priority). What you could
decide is to redefine the priority set (org-lowest-priority and
org-highest-priority) by introducing a priority D, and decide to let
org-default-priority be D.

Best,

François.