Re: [O] possible org bug

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] possible org bug
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:00:48 -0400

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Robert Louis McIntyre writes:
> > This only happens when using emacs in batch mode.
> >
> > I've created a minimal example that demonstrates this
> > problem at:
> >
> >  http://aurellem.org/dl/possible-org-bug.tar.bz2
>
> I'm getting the same error both in batch and in non-batch mode for Emacs
> 23.3 and in non-batch-mode for 24.1:
>
> org-publish-cache-ctime-of-src: Wrong type argument: integerp, nil
>
> The export still succeeds, but that error seems related to the fact that
> you're using relative file names which are then seemingly interpreted in
> the context of where the lisp file is located.  I don't know if relative
> file and directory names are proper in org-publish-project-alist and
> org-publish-file.  If relative should be supported, then this needs to
> either be converted to absolute internally or the context for default
> directory has to be carried.  Anyway, if I fix this, I will then get
> another non-fatal error:
>
> org-publish-cache-set: `org-publish-cache-set' called, but no cache
> present.
>
> Running Emacs 24.1 with toggle-debug-on-error traps in
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function nil)
>   nil(1 29 nil)
>   c-font-lock-fontify-region(1 29 nil)
>   font-lock-fontify-region(1 29 nil)
>   byte-code("..." [save-match-data-internal verbose font-lock-fontified
> match-data ((byte-code "..." [save-match-data-internal set-match-data
> evaporate] 3)) font-lock-fontify-region font-lock-after-fontify-buffer t] 4)
>   font-lock-default-fontify-buffer()
>   font-lock-fontify-buffer()
>   org-export-format-source-code-or-example("java" "import
> com.jme3.scene.Node;\n" " " 0 nil)
>   org-export-replace-src-segments-and-examples()
>
> This looks to be either a bug in font-lock or some missing setup for it
> to work correctly, maybe just for Java; or java-mode (which is based on
> cc-mode) tries to use facilities that aren't present in batch; or
> cc-mode has a bug in version 5.32.2 that is not present in version 5.31.8.
>
> Somebody else will have to take it from there...

Re: the relative vs. absolute pathnames - David Maus had fixed a problem
with symlinks but was trying to avoid carrying the default directory
context. See this thread:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40645

I just wanted to make sure that anybody who takes a look at this, keeps
in mind the symlink case(s) as well.

But I also wanted to add a plug for the exemplary bug report that the OP
put together: if all bug reports were as complete as this one, life
would be much easier. I usually complain about bad bug reports, so this
was my chance to praise a good one: thanks!

Nick

PS. I had got to the cache problem (but not as far as the font-lock
problem that Achim traced it to), ran out of time, wanted to get back to
it but never got the chance. I might be able to take another look at it
this weekend, but if anybody beats me to it, I will *not* complain...