Re: [O] Exporting to FreeMind - opened in FreeMind failed

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to FreeMind - opened in FreeMind failed
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:22:12 -0400

Csanyi Pal <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK
> I started emacs with the command 'emacs -Q' and did the followings:
>
> Open the Test.org file in Org mode.
> Export the tree into FreeMind format with the command:
> C-c C-e m
>
> Get the Test.mm file.
>
> In the FreeMind when I open the Test.mm file, I get the following
> message:
>
> Error while parsing file:freemind.main.XMLParseException: XML Parse
> Exception during parsing of a map element at line 80: Expected: map
>
> What can I do further to solve this problem?

Well, I suspect that none of us here is a freemind "expert" (I know I'm
not), with the possible exception of Lennart Borgman, the author of
org-freemind.el. So the main question is: is this a bug in freemind or
is this a bug in the org freemind export? You have not posted the org
file that produced all of this (or if you have, I cannot see it clearly
in your mail). That could help. If Lennart could be persuaded to take a
look, that might help.  And if you could be persuaded to simplify the
example (ECM = complete *minimal* example) so that it exhibits the
problem with as few nodes as possible (I count seven nodes in your .mm
file: does it need to be that complicated?), that might help.

Here is an example of an org file that produces a map that works:

* foo

this

How much do you need to complicate it to produce something that does
*not* work?

Nick