Re: [O] org-element-drag-* broken

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-element-drag-* broken
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 18:22:38 +0200

Hello,

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes the move is allowed. I can reproduce the problem with the attached
> ECM. Evaluate the lisp block in a minimal Emacs session and try to
> reorder the list below with M-<up/down>.

I see. This behaviour is documented in `org-element-at-point' docstring:

As a special case, if point is at the very beginning of a list or
sub-list, returned element will be that list instead of the first
item.  In the same way, if point is at the beginning of the first
row of a table, returned element will be the table instead of the
first row.

It means that if point is at the very beginning of the list, it will try
to move the whole list. Since there is nothing after the list, it
returns an error.

In order to drag the first item, you have to move one character forward,
or use `org-element-down' in order to "enter" the list.

Nicolas Goaziou