Re: [O] how i pass output of one codeblock as iinput of another codebloc

From: James Kang
Subject: Re: [O] how i pass output of one codeblock as iinput of another codeblock without manual copy paste
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:10:28 -0400

Thank you, Tom.
It works like a charm!
Now, I will read the document one more time very carefully and throughly.

James

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
James Kang <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using code blocks with the following way to pass one's
> output to the other's input(or input variable).
> You can notice that I am manually copying/pasting the contents of
> "RESULTS" and create a table with a name "my_table".
> Now, is there anyway I can do this passing the output automatically
> without manual copy/paste?
>
> Thanks
> (using orgmode 7.8)
>
> #+srcname: code1
> #+begin_src sh :exports code :results value table
>  Some codes here
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS:
> |Good results|
> #+tblname: my_table   ### this is copied from the previous results manually
> |Good results|
> #+call: transpose(table=my_table)
>
> #+results: transpose(table=my_table)
> |Good results Processed by transpose|
Aloha James,

The Org mode manual should answer your question:

http://orgmode.org/manual/var.html#var

You'll probably want to use #+name: code1 rather than #+srcname: code1

Once you've done that, then #+call: transpose(table=code1) ought to
work, if the Library of Babel is loaded or you have otherwise defined
transpose.

All the best,
Tom

--