Re: [O] OT: italics [was: Re: take the name of org-class event from head

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] OT: italics [was: Re: take the name of org-class event from heading]
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:34:43 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> Not really: there are commands `boxquote-unbox' and
>>> `boxquote-unbox-region' for that.
>>
>> Yes, I am aware of these commands. However, not everyone uses Emacs. ;-)
>
> Besides, when I used boxquotes for everything, it was (iirc) Seb who
> took me to task when he wanted to run a code snippet, so even though he
> speaks a different language now, don't believe him: he was right the
> first time :-)

Well, I remember vaguely something like that. You must be right about that
episode.

And you're right telling back what I said then: *code is better not boxed with
boxquote*, but put in Org blocks (at least in this mailing list). Gnus users
have some highlighting, and everybody sees where the snippet begins and ends,
and in which language it is. And that's the easiest method for everybody to
copy/paste code.

Thanks for the reminder!

Best regards,
  Seb