Re: [O] OT: italics [was: Re: take the name of org-class event from head

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] OT: italics [was: Re: take the name of org-class event from heading]
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:21:21 -0400

Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Seb:
>
> > Not really: there are commands `boxquote-unbox' and
> > `boxquote-unbox-region' for that.
>
> Yes, I am aware of these commands. However, not everyone uses Emacs. ;-)

Even in emacs however, that's an extra step (iirc, unbox is also finicky
about where the cursor should be in order for it to work: I get it wrong
a substantial percentage of the time and have to try again, which adds
to the aggravation. It's also not bound to a key by default, which adds a
little bit of aggravation too.)

Besides, when I used boxquotes for everything, it was (iirc) Seb who
took me to task when he wanted to run a code snippet, so even though he
speaks a different language now, don't believe him: he was right the
first time :-)

But seriously, the guiding principle should be:

"What can I do to make the life of whoever decides to read this and help
me with it, as easy as possible?"

or from the other end

"What can I do to make my reply as useful as possible?"

THe content remains paramount of course, but these little things help.

Nick

PS. BTW, do as I say, not as I do: I don't always follow my advice :-)