Re: [O] using an exported zotero library with org-mode

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] using an exported zotero library with org-mode
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:37:20 +0100

Yagnesh,

>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:47:30 +0900, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala said:

  > Hello,

  > Myles English <address@hidden> writes:

  >> Hi,
  >>
  >> In case anyone else is wondering about this.
  >>
  >> There are now several examples of managing bibliographies and associated
  >> papers in orgmode [1][2][3].  Typically these involve a collection of pdf
journal
  >> papers, a .bib file, notes.org and draft_paper.org.  There has also been
  >> a bit of discussion of zotero on this list.
  > […]
  >> Any comments are of course welcome but I am really just posting for
  >> posterity.
  >>

  > FWIW I have been using zotexo[1] which does automatic exportation to bib
file
  > from a Zotero collection and org-mode, reftex with similar simple setup as
you
  > described for writeup. Zotexo interacts with MozRepl[2] for the
  > exportation. The setup for zotexo very simple with just couple of file local
  > variables.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you know if it exports the collection's (pdf) files too or just a
.bib file?

The front page says it can "synchronize BibTex file and Zotero
collection" so can you really edit the .bib file and write the changes
back to Zotero, from emacs?

  > But I haven't yet integrated note taking with org-mode. your setup
  > is looks nice, thanks for sharing..

  > Ideally It would be nice to have a elisp interface with zotero client
API(js)
  > just as Magit for Git (Since Zotero UI is not so pretty for a Emacs user).
It
  > seems possible, but would be huge task.

The way I use it now, I can't really imagine how that might be useful, I
think Zotero is best as a 'capture' tool, no doubt if such a thing
existed I would probably find it indispensable.

  > Another small info, Recently I crossed the zotero.org account limit 100mb
(free),
  > So now I switched to cloudme[3] which is offering free WebDAV service for
upto 3gb.

--
Myles