[O] Organizing a collection of papers

From: Victor Miller
Subject: [O] Organizing a collection of papers
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 00:57:53 +0000 (UTC)

I've just started using org-mode, and so far find it quite
useful. I have a very large collection of technical papers in a
directory tree, and I'd like to go through them and index them
through org-mode. What I'd like is to have a way of going through
them and look at the unannotated ones, and annotate them one by
one. I imagine doing this by first making up a file of links like
[[xxx.pdf][not done yet]], and then being presented with the not
done ones, glancing at them and deciding how what annotations to
put in. In addition I'd like to add tags. What I'd really like is
to be able to make up new tags on the fly. Has anyone done
anything like this in org-mode?

Victor