Re: [O] Variable `org-mobile-directory` must point to an existing direct

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Variable `org-mobile-directory` must point to an existing directory. Multiplatform setup, howto
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:43:36 -0400

Hello,

I think by default Windows tries to treat C:\ as ~ when it isn't
explicitly defined beforehand.

If you evaluate the following, does it give the same Windows path as
to the actual folder?

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (expand-file-name "~/Dropbox/MobileOrg")
#+end_src

If not you'll want to try one of the following:

1) Set the Windows Environment Variable "HOME" to the desired location
(C:\Users\<username> for example)
2) Move your Dropbox folder to the location shown by the above code
snippet, it should then recognize it.
3) Replace =~/Dropbox/= in your configuration with the full path to
the Dropbox folder.

Regards,

Jonathan