Re: [O] README.org on github

From: Tom Regner
Subject: Re: [O] README.org on github
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:29:06 +0200

Hi,

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Puneeth,
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Actually, embedding code blocks in the README does work[1][2].  You
>> need to use all upper case keywords, i.e., BEGIN_SRC or BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>> instead of begin_src or begin_example.
>>
>> [1] - https://github.com/punchagan/experiri/blob/master/README.org
>> [2] - https://raw.github.com/punchagan/experiri/master/README.org
>
> I see source blocks formated as example blocks. Is that the same as you
> are seeing? If so, I wouldn't call that support for source blocks. I
> would expect to see syntax highlighting like pure source files on
> GitHub.

org-ruby is in it's current form not capable to do that, but it's
currently actively developed [fn:1] (maybe not for org-mode standards :-D, the
last
commit was 8 days ago) and there are a few items on the todo list.

And all shortcomings aside, an update on github/markups side would at
least make the usage of org-documents on github bearable.

Only sufficient demand for org-documents will foster betterment I guess.

Kind regards,
Tom

[fn:1] https://github.com/bdewey/org-ruby