Re: [O] [babel] java headless support is missing for most graphing langu

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] java headless support is missing for most graphing languages
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:39:27 -0400

>> If so then I believe ob-ditaa should be left as is, given that it works
>> for most cases out of the box, and that you were able to easily adjust
>> it to work without an X server.
> I am confident that for all folks working with orgmode remotely using,
> let's say, SSH connection without X11 tunneling, blocks calling such
> java tools will fail. So I'd call it a bug. Either there should be a way
> to supply :java to other similar "languages", or headless option should
> be set by default.

I just added a :java option to plantuml which may be used in the same
manner as the :java option for ditaa.  I'm not sure which other
languages would benefit from such an option, but I agree that each java
language should provide a way to pass command line options to the java
executable.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte